Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek is one of the most popular trekking in the Everest region. This trek offers an exclusive experience taking you off-the-beaten-path away from the mainstream trekking trail. While trekking, you will be surprised to see the mesmerizing views of the snow-clad mountains and valley, the unique culture and traditions, as well as the diverse flora and fauna of the Gokyo Valley. In the Gokyo valley, you will explore the beautiful series of turquoise lakes located below the white mountains and Gokyo village on the bank of one of those lakes.
Apart from the awe-inspiring views and natural diversity, you will experience the mix of Nepalese Buddhism and Bon religion, unique culture, traditional lifestyle, and hospitality of the Sherpa people of the Everest region.
From Kathmandu, we take a regular flight to Lukla & follow the trail via Phakding village up to Namche Bazaar. We will spend one more day for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar and then continue our trek towards Dole and Machhermo before heading to Gokyo valley. The panoramic view of mountain vistas ranging from Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu from Gokyo RI are the best and the most unforgettable of this trek.
You will be surprised to see the changes of landscapes as you ascend each day through the off the beaten trails. You will come across the Mani stones and the Buddhist prayer flags, alpine meadows in some of the spots, arid land at some spot and sometimes you will need to climb the rugged steep hills and walk along the frozen lakes. This entire natural scenario will enthrall you and put you in surprise.
The trail to Gokyo valley is less crowded and peaceful but strenuous while crossing Renjo La Pass and only a few trekkers can dare to attempt this trek.
The best time to do Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek is from mid-October to the mid-December, and March to mid-May. During this time the weather is clear and pleasant. You will see the magnificent mountain views in the distance.
Physical fitness always helps if you are undertaking any adventures trips to Nepal. Preparation for this trip consists of 4 to 6 hours of walking during the weekend in your free time, and an hour of aerobic activities during the weekdays, for at least six months prior to your departure. Walking should also take in steep grades, ascending and descending. Generally, these are suitable guidelines for all of our trips, except for any trip that goes above the altitude of 4500 metres and above. The fitter you are, the more enjoyable your trip will be!
• Enjoy the less trodden path, visiting pristine turquoise Gokyo Lake and wandering through its local villages.
• Climb Gokyo Ri – 5,425m – for its majestic views, overlooking Everest, Cho Yu, Lhotse and Makalu glaciers with the contrast of blue lake below.
• Trek through Rinjola traverse – 5,400m – to the dramatic solitary Bhote Koshi Valley towards the historic trading route between Nepal and Tibet.
• Immerse yourself, taking the very scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and return.
• Expand your horizons, understanding Kathmandu’s monuments in the old part of the town and its vibrant noises.
• Relax yourself at Kathmandu’s welcoming hotels for a few nights at the end to recover for your final journey back home.
0 Reviews on Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek