The Everest circuit trek leads though the dramatic Himalayan traverse of the spectacular Cho La pass which links the pristine Gokyo with the magnificent Khumbu valley.
The Everest circuit trek includes the dramatic Himalayan traverse of the spectacular Cho La pass which links the pristine blue Gokyo lakes with magnificent Khumbu valley leading up to EVEREST BASE CAMP and Kalapathar. This is one of the most wonderful and complete package for trekking in Everest region as it combines magnificent classic close-up views of Everest from Kalapathar, the awesome experience of Everest Base Camp, the sparkling Gokyo Lakes, the rewarding ascent of Gokyo Ri for superb, panoramic views of the Himalayas and the thrill of crossing of the Cho La pass, a remote high altitude pass with captivating scenery at one go.
We start the Everest Circuit trek with the exciting flight into Lukla. We trek up to Namche Bazaar, the unofficial Sherpa capital with its diverse and colorful mix of people. Sherpa museum, monastery and busy market stalls full of local products and Tibetan artifacts – an interesting and thoroughly rewarding experience. Leaving the popular Everest Base Camp trails behind us, we trek up the serene Gokyo Valley, pass 3 breathtakingly beautiful blue glacial lakes set among glistening, snow-capped peaks. We continue the dramatic chola pass trek by ascending Gokyo Ri in the crisp early sunrise for an incredible, awe-inspiring 360-degree view of many of the world’s highest peaks – an unforgettable experience – Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Nupste and Makalu and the massive Nagozumpa glacier, the longest in the Nepal. After exploring the Gokyo valley, we cross the challenging Cho La pass on the way to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar which offers fabulous views as you descend from the pass through glistening pristine snowfields into a broad secluded valley in our Everest circuit trek making a big circle of Everest region.
You feel the increasing thrill and anticipation of drawing ever closer to the mt. Everest, the highest mountain on earth which is always just ahead of you. We hike to Kalapathar and Everest base camp to leave the historical footprint at base camp – a truly memorable experience and great achievement. We descend through Pheriche, Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village and Thyangboche with its famous and ornately decorated Buddhist monastery – still many things and places to see. In short, this Everest Circuit trekking is a combination of Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes linked with the climb over the challenging Cho La pass.
• Treat yourself taking with most dramatic Himalayan traverse, crossing Chola Pass – 5,420m – that links with Gokyo Ri the lake and Kalapatthar at 5,545m.
• Enjoy a circuit trek that has the highest mountain scenery landscapes and glacier valleys.
• Discover trekking through local settlement villages of Namche, Thyangboche, Pangboche and interact with local inhabitants – Sherpas – and their day-to-day life.
• Take a breathtaking view form Gokyo Ri, overlooking 8,000m peaks of Choyu, Everest and Makalu in the distant, and Gokyo Lake below.
• A scenic flight takes off from Kathmandu to Lukla and gives you an understanding of how vast and gigantic, this country is, with its undulated valleys and high mountain peaks.
• Visit Kathmandu historic sites, monuments, and colourful busy streets – staying in comfort.